Hello Veggie Lovers:
Brought a grilled vegetable platter with roasted cauliflower puree to the MOST fun dinner party last night and met Christina! That is a whole other story…
Roasted vegetables have a depth of flavor that will turn you into a veggie lover!
Here’s the recipe:
Roasted Cauliflower Puree ~
- Slice the Cauliflower and place on roasting pan – one layer
- Slice one Maui onion and place on roasting pan – one layer
- Spray with olive or grape oil spray.
- Very lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast at 425° for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat to bowl of food processor. Add 1 T Parmesan cheese and 1/4 c. chicken stock, a little at a time until it comes together light and airy.
- Mound in center of platter. Add chopped green onion to garnish.
- For the Veggies:
Cut off tough ends of asparagus. Place on tray. Spray with oil. Light dust of salt and pepper. Roast at 425° for 10 minutes or until they look al dente…mine were very thin. 10 minutes was all they needed.
Buy orange, purple and yellow springtime fresh carrots. They are small and flavorful. Scrape clean. Place on roasting pan. Spray with oil. They don’t need salt and pepper. Roast at 425° for 15 – 20 minutes.
Slice 4 zucchini on the diagonal. Place on Roasting pan. Spray with oil. Roast for 20 minutes at 425°. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with parmesan. Return to oven for 5 – 10 minutes. Remove.
Arrange all the veggies around the puree. Reheat at 325° for 20 minutes prior to serving dinner.
When you plate the veggies, take a spoonful of the puree and arrange the roasted veggies so that they partially rest on top and spill over onto the dinner plate.